I just had to share this photo I took in the Botanical Gardens in Manurewa last Sunday. Dene and I went back this morning so that I cld find out what it’s called. It’s the ‘Bird Lady’ and is one of many sculptures being exhibited there at the moment. It’s truly eye catching isn’t it?
Below are 2 references which I found to be useful for qualitative data analysis. I’ve also included the points covered for ease of reference.
- Ryan, B. R. (2008). Methodology: Analyzing qualitative data and writing up your findings. http://eprints.nuim.ie/871/1/methodology.pdf
- Why one should analyse data and not just assume that it can ‘speak for itself’;
- What analysis entails;
- Getting started: preliminary analysis and coding;
- The nature of evidence;
- Doing more advanced analysis;
- Writing up your findings;
- Discussion-oriented writing.
2. Tips for analysing qualitative data. (May 2007). http://www.insites.org/CLIP_v1_site/downloads/PDFs/TipsAnalzQualData.5D.8-07.pdf
- Reviewing your data
- Organizing your data for analysis
- Example – questionnaire data
- Developing your codes
- Coding your data
- Finding themes, patterns and relationships
- Summarizing your data